- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 12 oz. ground beef or italian sausage
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups red pasta sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
1. Cut spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds. Place cut side down in a baking dish with 1/4 cup water and microwave, covered, for 12 minutes or until tender.
2. In a large skillet cook meat, mushrooms, pepper, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain fat.
3. Clean out baking dish and layer in this order beginning with the bottom: squash, meat, seasoning, sauce, cheese, squash, meat, and sauce on top.
4. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Top with a little more cheese and bake for 5 more minutes to melt the cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes and enjoy!